Monday, July 5, 2010

Piano

We just got a piano!!! I am so excited! I had been praying about it and then heard of a friend's mom was wanting to sell theirs. And it came today!!!
I am so excited for music to fill our home. I am so thankful to God for the blessing of this piano.
I started writing that months ago but couldn't put into words how grateful I was and I was also worried that if I wrote about it but didn't follow through in playing every day that I would be failing. I worried that if I didn't use it enough it would make my desire for it and my purchase of it. I know that it was inexpensive and that I had been praying about it and felt that it was an answer to prayer, but my fear of rejection and not living up to supposed expectations has a hold on me that I am just now starting to battle.
So today as part of the battle I will let those of you who read my blog know that I have a piano. I have played it on and off over the last few months and the kids love it. I love it when I get the chance to play but still wish I played more often. It is a beautiful addition to our home in decor as well as fun to be had and music to hear. I am hopeful that it will be a source of joy and music for years to come for my family and generations to come.
One of my favorite things right now is that Kennedi calls it a "pianio" and that she and William love to bang away on it whenever I let them.
God is good and I will not let his blessing turn to a source of condemnation anymore. Thanks for being part of my journey. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment