Monday, July 5, 2010

Quiting work to work on what matters most

After thinking more about the question, "Why do we do the things we do?" I came to the realization that I had been lying to myself and to everyone else about why I was working at the YMCA.
I told everyone that it was just to get out of the house and for some fun money. The truth is that I was trying to take control without looking like it. I was trying to please people by not being "just" a stay at home mom. I was looking for a way to "provide" even though God has supplied all our needs. I just couldn't let it go.
So I am quitting the Y after this month as an act of faith, trust and hope in God. I am going to let him lead for once. To honor Mitch and trust him to provide as God has called him to do. And because I see my son and daughter and realize that I have been saying that they are not enough when in fact they are the most important thing and deserve all of my attention.
(I wrote this in July 2010)
It has been three months since I quit working at the YMCA and I am loving life. I have more time with the kids, and keeping my home clean and providing meals is so much less of a burden. I still don't have all the time I would like to do everything that I want to get accomplished, but what person, let alone mother, does? I rejoice that I am doing what God has called me to at this time in my life. I am continuing to embrace being a mother and a wife and being proud that that is all I do all day. Pretty important stuff...or so I'm told.
I'll keep you posted on more blessings that come from my slowing down and embracing God's calling on my life. Grace and Peace to you all in Christ Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment