Friday, October 21, 2011

Care by Parent

I can't believe it, I am in care by parent!!!
Wyatt and I have been in this room together since 3pm. I have fed him twice, changed diapers, checked his vitals, and just held him while I watched tv and ate dinner. So far we are doing really well and hope to be out of here a little after noon tomorrow.
Can you believe it? Me Neither :-)
God is so good to have taken us through this journey and taken care of us so well. It isn't over now, I know. Know I go home and am mommy to 3 and wife to Mitch. It will be a wonderful change of scene. I know it is still work taking care of a newborn and all that running a house includes, but I am so ready! Bring it.
Was reading through a devotional that Mitch's Nanny gave me and it was really good. "Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and i will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." Psalm 23:6
The devotional talked about being disappointed in God because of our circumstances and how we can choose to keep faith in God or turn away. It is our choice, but God doesn't change no matter what we are going thorugh. That was really what held us all together these last 3 1/2 months. When I chose not to feel sorry for myself but to rejoice in the Lord, for he is good and He never changes, life was better. Life was doable. Life was good.
I am so thankful for the lessons learned these last months. Thankful for the new perspective I have on life, family, possessions, people, heaven, and purpose. God is good to draw us to himself. It is his grace that draws us in and his mercy that allows us to fellowship with him.
Thank God that he has called you into fellowship with him. We would be hopelessly lost without him. Romans 8 is awesome. vs 15-39 really struck me today though. Take a few minutes and read through it. I hope it encourages you and that the Spirit will draw your heart more deeply to our "Abba, Father"
Thanks so much for your prayers and support. We are finally headed home! Will let you know how life at home goes. Grace and peace to you in Christ Jesus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment