Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 15th

Had the same nurse today that made the decision to change his bottle earlier in the week and started all this mess. Had to pray a lot before I saw her and was thankful for the reminder from Romans 12 that it is my job to renew my mind and not conform to this world. If I didn't serve the Lord then it would be fine to tell that lady off. But we have a higher call and I am glad that he reminded me of that this morning so that I could honor Him in the NICU.
Wyatt is doing better but is still weak. This morning I tried to nurse him and he immediately went haywire. They were going to just feed him through the tube but while they were getting it ready he calmed down and was alert and sucking his fingers, so I asked if we could try the bottle. He took 1/2 of his feeding. I was glad that I asked because the feeding tube really does feel like failure to me lately.
When I got to the car I turned on the radio and thought there had better be something encouraging on or I'm turning it off.
"And though my life is torn, I will praise you in this storm" was the first line I heard. It was perfect for the moment. Gotta love Casting Crowns. The song goes something like this: "I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord maker of heaven and earth.
I will praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands cause you are who you are, no matter where I am. Every tear I cry, you hold in your hands. And though my heart is torn, I will praise you in this storm."
That really is how I feel. I have to choose to praise him in this storm that we are living though. My other alternative is to pity myself and ask "why me?" And it isn't about me, it is about Him!
He is being glorified in this situation and he will continue to be. It is up to me to trust him, by his grace. And it helps to remember that he knows all my tears, worries, stress and he cares about them and carries them.
I truly serve a Great God!

The rest of the day was more of the same. He ate pretty good and had to be tube fed part. He did eat the whole bottle for Mitch at 7pm. He chugged it in 8 minutes flat. I also got to give him a bath for the first time. Not his first bath, that would be gross. He is a month old today. But it was my first time to bath him. It went well even though I was nervous at first. It was different from bathing a kid in the kitchen sink. There was an audience this time and the nurses made me nervous. But Wyatt did great. He didn't' even cry until I took him out of the water to dry him off.

They are going to try to take him off of the oxygen tonight. Praying that he will be strong enough to breath well on his own.
I'll let you know how he does. Thanks again for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment