Monday, July 25, 2011

20 days in the hospital.

I can't believe I have lived in this hospital for 20 days. Tomorrow will be three weeks and we will have made it to 27 weeks! I am very thankful for it though it is not always easy to just sit here and there are moments of "will this ever end." But I know that it will and I know that I want for Wyatt to get the best chance at growth and development while he is still inside me. There are just days when I miss the hustle and bustle of being at home with the kids, doing learning time, bible time, holding them whenever I want to and cooking. I know I miss cooking? And all that goes with it? But I do. I skyped with Mitch and the kids last week and seeing the house made me miss that too. I guess all of this missing of things is good for me. I hope to never again take them for granted. I hope to rejoice in the Lord for them every day and see that I am entitled to none of it. Nor have I earned it. It is all His mercy and blessing that I have anything at all. How great is our God! and greatly to be Praised. Even this hospital room and the ability to sit here and stay pregnant and have a healthier and healthier baby inside me, That is only by His Grace. And I will praise him for it.
I was having a hard time trusting Him yesterday and after time in prayer the song "Great is thy Faithfulness" filled my mind. I was so thankful to him for reminding me that "Morning by morning new mercies I see, All I have needed thy hands hath provided, great is thy faithfulness Lord unto me." It is so true. He is so faithful. Some verses that stood out to me this morning are in the Psalms. I am reading through them right now and they have been water to my soul.
Psalm 48:9 We have thought on your steadfast love, O God.
I have had a lot of time to think on his steadfast love these last 20 days and I am thankful to him for letting me have time to sit and reflect on his goodness to me and to my family. Over and over his love has sustained us.
Psalm 55:22
Cast your burden on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
Psalm 55:16
I call to God and the Lord will save me.
Psalm 56:3-4a
When I am afraid I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust. I shall not be afraid.
There is so much hope in these verses. Who else have we to put our trust in? What else can save us from all struggles even in the midst of them? Nothing and No One but our God. He is mighty to save. He is our father offering refuge to his children. I have tasted and I see that the Lord is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment