Wednesday, August 17, 2011

30 weeks

Well we have made it 6 weeks. Never thought when I came it at 24 weeks that I'd make it this far. God is definitely bigger that the statistics!
I am praying for a full 4 weeks more but at least 2 more weeks. I really want to make it to 32 weeks now. That is the next "milestone" age and things get even safer after that. I know that Wyatt is in God's hands so I'm trying not to worry too much but all the reading that I am doing has convinced me to keep praying for at least 2 more weeks of growing time for him.
I signed my "birth plan" today so I know that it is in the file now that I am going VBAC! Very exciting. I don't know that it will work out but the last thing I want to have to do is fight with a doctor over how this baby is coming out. The paper work helps me know that they are all on the same page. No pun intended :-)
I was talking to a friend on Monday night and one thing that this process has shown me is that when you have a normal pregnancy there are hundreds of little things that you never are told about or have to talk about with the doctor. But when something goes wrong, in my care premature rupture of membranes, you are given all of those things to think about, worry about, learn about, and pray about. Lots of them have decisions that have to be made after all of that. It is a lot more taxing than a normal pregnancy. Makes me really thankful for the first two pregnancies going so well and grateful that God is the final word on all of this so even if my plan fails, He never does! He is never surprised, overwhelmed, or unsure. He already knows how this ends. And I will trust him to get me there.
Psalm 95-Psalm 100 say over and over again to sing to the Lord a new song, to worship him with joy, to tell of his salvation and marvelous works, to rejoice in the Lord and give thanks to His holy name.
I will join in that giving thanks to him for his protection and provision over the last month and 1/2. He is the one who holds Wyatt and sustains his life day by day. He made the earth and all that is in it. He is mighty and greatly to be praised.
Psalm 100:3-5
Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him, bless his name! For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.

1 comment: