Monday, August 15, 2011

Breaking out of here

The last two days on our 45 minute outings we have made a run for it...Across the street that is. Yesterday Mitch asked our nurse if we could go across the street when we went outside. To which she replied, "I don't know where you go when you leave your room." Smile and wink. So we took that as a go for it. So we did. We went to Walgreens to pick up some pictures I ordered and look around for awhile. It was a lot of fun. We were quite a sight to be seen. Mitch had William on his back in a hiking pack and was pushing me in a wheelchair with Kennedi on my lap. No security personnel came after us so when I realized last night that I needed to pick up a few things I thought why not go for it again? Such a rebel I know. :-) The adrenaline rush was amazing! Teehee. I think it was really a reaction to leaving the hospital property after almost 6 weeks of being here. Nice to break things up a bit. We'll see what antics next week brings.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You're such a rebel. Hilarious (and I bet it feels WONDERFUL)!

    ReplyDelete