Friday, August 26, 2011

Ambien Experience

Not sure how to spell that medicine's name but I am sure of one thing...It Works!
I didn't sleep well at all on Saturday and Sunday night, so by Monday I was really tired. My nurses had told me that I could have an ambien anytime I needed one, so I thought, Why not.
It was midnight when I took it and I usually sleep till 8am so I thought it would work out great...Not so much. I woke up groggy, ordered breakfast, and fell back asleep. Woke up when my food arrived 40 minutes later, ate, called the nurse to be put on the fetal monitor, and fell asleep. Woke up, was put on the monitor, and fell asleep. Woke up to be taken off the monitor and fell back to sleep. Heard my housekeeper Wanda come in to clean, tired to say something to her...no words came out, didn't even know if she cleaned the room because I was sound asleep. Finally woke up at 11:30, ordered lunch, took a shower, ate lunch and then took a two hour nap! Woke up at 4pm.
After that I was awake for the rest of the day but had slept through most of it.
So crazy. I have never experienced that kind of knock out. Won't be doing that again anytime soon :-)

2 comments:

  1. whew... perhaps a half of a pill if needed in the future. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. while i fall asleep my main complaint is i do not stay asleep for the whole night. i usually take ambien around 9 pm and always wake up at 1 or 2 in the morning and i am unable to get back to sleep.

    read more

    ReplyDelete