Tuesday, August 23, 2011

True Sight

I was reading through a daily devotional that Mitch's Nanie sent to me titled, The Miracle of Sight. It was in reference to John 9:15 when Jesus healed the blind man. The woman who wrote it explained how Jesus heals that man's physical blindness and that He is powerful to heal our spiritual blindness as well. Through him we see ourselves as we really are. We are made aware of the sins that we might try to justify without his spirit leading us to repentance. She concluded by saying "Let's be sure to spend enough time with Him, allowing Him to remove the sin that blinds us."
It was a great reminder to me of why spending time with Jesus every day is so important. There are times in my life when I have justified sin or been totally blind to it until someone else pointed it out. Without a clean heart, right spirit and renewed mind, what chance do any of us have in making the right choices and not being hopeless slaves to sin? I fool myself when I think I can make it though a day without him. I pray that every day I will spend time with him so that I too can have true sight and walk in his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment